Arts Alive & Street Painting Festival
Saturday April 30th & Sunday, May 1st 2016
This year's festival celebrated the arts and culture of the 1990s. We thank all of the participants who helped make this event such a great success!
Photos of all of the chalk art entries and winners from 2016 are available in the galleries section.
2016 chalk art contest winners are:
- Best in Show: Everado Galvez with assistants Lynn Okimura and Evelyn Garcia, "Michael Jordan and Friends"
- Interpretation of Theme: Shaina Joel and Cherie Joel, "Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone"
- Use of Color: Jennifer Ripassa and Brendan Cheng, "LeeLoo from '5th Element'"
- Youth Award: Faith Lee, Alyssa Loduca, Lauren Skinner, "Disney Inspired"
- Moe Notsu
- Lysa Ashley
- Tonie, Tiffany and Rafael Garza
- Kimberly Brake Ayon (youth)
- Chris Brake
- Meg Fix
- Rebecca Goolsby
- Yuna Song (youth)
Featured Artist 2016 - Maaria Kader
Some people are born with raw talent. Maaria Kader is one such individual. For nearly two decades, Maaria has nurtured her flair as a street painter to create the most awe-inspiring works of art. In fact, you’ve probably seen her work transform the blacktop outside the community center into larger-than-life characters during the City’s annual Arts Alive.