July 9 – August 12, 2017
Enter your two best photographic images for our annual photography exhibit in the Mission Viejo Library Gallery.
Only $10 per entry.
Features of this year’s exhibit:
- Awards: First, second and third place non–cash prizes will be awarded for best Originality, Use of Color, Composition, Black and White, Use of Technology, and photos entered by photographers age 17 and under. The exhibit is open to all ages.
- Sell your photo at the show through private sales with buyers.
- Artists’ reception and awards presentation at 7 p.m. Friday, July 14 in the Library Gallery.
This event is sponsored by the City of Mission Viejo Cultural Arts Committee and Mission Viejo Friends of the Arts.
- Reserve a space for your two photos by submitting your name, contact information and credit card information to MissionViejoFOTA@gmail.com ASAP. Checks can be made payable to MissionViejo Friends of the Arts, and mailed to the Mission Viejo Friends of the Arts, 100 Civic Center, Mission Viejo, CA 92691. Pay by phone by calling Sue Crowson at 949–291–6576. Two frames per photographer. Your place in the show is secured once your $10 entry fee per frame is received. You may place additional frames on the wait list. After July 1, wait list frames will be entered on a first–come, first–served basis as their entry fees are received. You must fill out a waiver of liability to participate.
- Prepare your photo for display. Mount your photo in a sturdy frame (glass is optional), with wire hangers in the back. Frames with saw–tooth hangers hammered into the frame will not be accepted. Frame size requirements: minimum, 8” x 10”; maximum, 30” x 40”.
- Contact coordinator Ron Eroh, Photography Exhibit Coordinator at email@example.com by July 1, 2017 with information on the identifying label: name, photo title, and whether your art is for sale. If it is for sale, list a selling price and your contact information. All sales are private transactions between the artist and purchaser. Specify the category in which you want your photos judged. RSVP with the number of guests attending the reception.
- Deliver your framed, ready–to–hang photo and your completed waiver of liability to the Mission Viejo Library, (100 Civic Center, Mission Viejo, CA 92691) on Sunday, July 9, 2017, between 3 p.m. and 4:30PM.
- Celebrate your art during the Artists’ Reception on Friday, July 14 at 7 p.m. in the Mission Viejo Library. Awards will be presented, and guests will enjoy light refreshments and live entertainment.
- Pick up your photos between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 12, at the Mission Viejo Library.
For more information, contact Ron Eroh, Photography Exhibit Coordinator at 949-382-5802.