Traffic and Transportation
Connecting Mission Viejo
Hop aboard the MV Shuttle! From the Norman P. Murray Community Center to the Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Metrolink train station and many places in between, the MV Shuttle gets you where you want to go for FREE. Students, seniors, adults and kids alike have been taking advantage of this convenient shuttle service to get to Saddleback College, Mission Hospital, Capistrano Valley High School, The Shops at Mission Viejo and other locations.
The MV Shuttle is a local service providing Mission Viejo residents with a transportation alternative. The shuttles are smaller than typical transit buses and run on compressed natural gas (CNG), so they produce far less emissions than conventionally-powered vehicles. Shuttles are wrapped in Mission Viejo themes.
The shuttle route will include Felipe Road and the easterly portion of La Paz Road, as these areas are currently without transit service. The stops are marked with colorful signs.
Shuttles will run about every 45 minutes from 5:47 a.m. to 6:20 p.m., Monday through Friday. The service is being operated in partnership with the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) as MV Shuttle Route 182.
Real-Time Traffic Reports
Traffic Maps and Information
Southern California 511
Outsmart Traffic With 511
Southern California 511 is a free travel information service that provides traffic, transit, and commuter service information in Orange County, Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
Call 511 or visit Go511.com to check real-time traffic speeds, find traffic alerts, view live traffic cameras, plan a trip on a bus or train, or find a carpool or vanpool partner.
511 will help improve your commute and keep you informed about travel conditions before leaving the house and while on the road. 511 provides information about:
- Traffic, including freeway travel times and speeds, road construction and traffic incidents
- Trip planning such as bus and train schedules and a trip planner that helps you find the best transit route for your trip
- Commuter services including finding a vanpool or carpool partner or locating a park-and-ride facility near you
- Bike information such as bike maps, how to take bikes on buses and trains and links to area airports and taxis
- Latest weather in your neighborhood or any other city in Southern California