Traffic and Transportation
Connecting Mission Viejo
The "MV Shuttle" is a new, local service intended to provide Mission Viejo residents with a transportation alternative. The shuttle will run between the Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center and the Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Metrolink station with stops at key destinations such as Saddleback College, Mission Hospital and The Shops at Mission Viejo. Designated shuttles will also stop at Capistrano Valley High School prior to start times and just after dismissal time.
The shuttles will be smaller than typical transit buses and will run on compressed natural gas (CNG), so they produce far less emissions than conventionally-powered vehicles. Shuttles will be wrapped in Mission Viejo themes.
The shuttle route will include Felipe Road and the easterly portion of La Paz Road, as these areas are currently without transit service. The stops are marked with colorful signs.
Shuttles will run about every 45 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The service is being operated in partnership with the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) as MV Shuttle Route 182.
To encourage residents to try the new shuttle, the service will be free of charge for at least the first 90 days. The City of Mission Viejo will be seeking feedback in order to make adjustments to improve the service going forward.
Real-Time Traffic Reports
Traffic Maps and Information
Southern California 511
Outsmart Traffic With 511
Southern California 511 is a free travel information service that provides traffic, transit, and commuter service information in Orange County, Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
Call 511 or visit Go511.com to check real-time traffic speeds, find traffic alerts, view live traffic cameras, plan a trip on a bus or train, or find a carpool or vanpool partner.
511 will help improve your commute and keep you informed about travel conditions before leaving the house and while on the road. 511 provides information about:
- Traffic, including freeway travel times and speeds, road construction and traffic incidents
- Trip planning such as bus and train schedules and a trip planner that helps you find the best transit route for your trip
- Commuter services including finding a vanpool or carpool partner or locating a park-and-ride facility near you
- Bike information such as bike maps, how to take bikes on buses and trains and links to area airports and taxis
- Latest weather in your neighborhood or any other city in Southern California