24190 Olympiad Road
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - Dusk
The Mission Viejo Skateboard Facility opened on August 18, 1999 with a dedication ceremony attended by over 500 participants and spectators. The agenda included a welcome, introductions, comments, ribbon cutting ceremony, refreshments, door prizes, and a brief skateboard riding demonstration before officially opening to the public. The 9,000 square foot open use (unsupervised) facility consists of a concrete bowl, vert wall, bauer box, rails, spine, pyramid, hips, ramps, steps, and bench.
Skateboarding and in-line skating are hazardous recreational activities. Use of this facility may result in serious injuries or death. The City of Mission Viejo does not assume any responsibility for injuries or death. Each person entering the facility assumes all risk of injury or death. California Health and Safety Code Sections 115800 and 115800.1.
Within the Skate Facility, it shall be unlawful for any person to:
- Ride, operate, or utilize a skateboard or in-line skates unless that person is wearing a helmet designed for skateboard and/or in-line skating use with a chin strap, elbow pads designed for skateboard and/or in-line skating use with plastic elbow caps, and knee pads designed for skateboard and/or in-line skating use with plastic knee caps, which equipment shall be in good repair at all times during use.
- Enter or use an amenity while another person is using it.
- Place or utilize additional obstacles.
- Use the Skate Facility amenities when the surface of the amenities is wet or unsafe.
- Enter the Skate Facility unless actively skateboarding or in-line skating.
- Use, consume, or have within his/her custody or control, food, beverages, alcohol, tobacco products, or illegal drugs.
- Be under the influence of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
- Use or possession glass containers, bottles or other breakable glass products.
- Use or engage in profanity, reckless and boisterous behavior.
- Engage in graffiti, tagging or other defacing of City property or the property of others.
- Ride, operate, or utilize any device other than a skateboard or in-line skates.
MUNICIPAL CODE 13.04.035 and 13.04.040
Any person failing to comply with the ordinance shall be subject to citation and penalties pursuant to Mission Viejo.