Mission Viejo Business Relief Grant Application
December 9, 2020
*Must complete all forms and provide supplementary documents verifying the business meets the eligibility requirements (please see below for those eligibility requirements 1, 2, and 3.)
To be eligible to apply for the Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program, a business (or non-profit) must meet certain criteria that has been established by the City of Mission Viejo. To qualify, a business applicant (or non-profit) must prove that his or her business has been affected by COVID19 in one of the following ways:
- Sales from the business are down more than 25% compared with the previous year (i.e. 2019 vs. 2020) or if the business does not have previous year comparisons the business can provide the previous three months (Prior to March 1, 2020).
- The business has had to lay off at least one of its employees (full or part-time).
Please provide the following information (1,2, and 3) to verify the business meets the eligibility requirements:
2019 Income tax return. For non-profits, this should be Form 990.
For both 2019 and 2020, a profit loss statement from the period 1/1 through 11/30 for each year.
941 tax filings for each quarter in 2019 and 2020 (Please note if you are an applicant reporting no employees, the 941 is not needed.)
General Terms and Conditions
The business applicant must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for grant funding:
Grants up to $25,000;
Business must have or agree to develop and implement a Safe Reopening Plan that addresses employee and customer health;
The business (or non-profit) must be located within the City of Mission Viejo.
The business must have a Certificate of Occupancy for a minimum on file with the City’s Building Department for the prior six (6) months;
The business must have 25 or fewer employees part-time or full time (Full time equivalent) including the owner;
The business must submit the application and all required supporting documentation; and the business must be in good standing.
Eligible Use of Funds
- Payroll/employee retention or supporting employees
- Inventory and working capital
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment
- Improvements to outdoor patios, heaters, fencing etc
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Addressing temporary COVID-19 related restrictions on business activity
- Increasing technology capacity to enable alternative work forms
- Creating new marketing campaigns or business plans
- Paying vendor invoices
- Facility cleaning/restoration
- Other Grantor approved uses
Applications will continue to be accepted until the funding allocation is exhausted.