Mission Viejo Community Development Block Grant Business Relief Grant
*Must complete all forms and provide supplementary documents verifying the business meets the eligibility requirements
Inquiries should be directed to City of Mission Viejo, Theresa Dobbs at (949) 470-3026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Mission Viejo Business Relief Grant Program has been established to provide financial assistance to Mission Viejo Businesses due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. To be eligible to apply for the Business Relief Grant Program, the business must meet criteria established by the City of Mission Viejo and meet all applicable Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) requirements.
- Grants of up to $10,000 may be awarded to eligible businesses
- Grants of up to $2,500 may be awarded for eligible Home-Based Business.
- Business must be located within the City of Mission Viejo.
- Business must have 25 or fewer Full Time Employees (or full-time equivalent employees).
- Business must have a Certificate of Occupancy on file with the City of Mission Viejo for a minimum six (6) months, if applicable.
- Business must show a twenty-five percent (25%) reduction in sales from the previous year, and has had to lay off at least one of its employees, (Full time or Full Time Equivalent).
- Business must create or retain at least one (1) Full-Time Equivalent low-moderate income employee for a minimum of Sixty (60) days or; Owner of a micro-business (Five or fewer employees including the owner.) qualifies as low-moderate income household.
- Other requirements as deemed necessary.
Eligible Use of Funds:
- Payroll/employee retention of low/mod income employee(s)
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Payment of back Rent or Mortgage
- Rental costs for improvements to outdoor patios, heaters, fencing, lighting etc.
- Facility Cleaning/restoration due to Covid 19.
- 2019 Tax return
- Profit and Loss Statement for 2019 and 2020
- Payroll Records for 2019 and 2020 (i.e. 941 Returns for 2019 and 2020)
- Utility Records if requesting funds for reimbursement
- Rent or mortgage statements if requesting funds for reimbursement
- Proof of purchase of PPE or proposed cost of PPE, if requesting funds for reimbursement
- Certificate of Occupancy, if applicable
- Other documents as necessary
- Business may not have received funding from alternative sources for the same costs.
- Business has closed down permanently.