Fiber Feasibility Study
The City of Mission Viejo has partnered with Magellan Advisors to conduct a Fiber Feasibility Study Report. The purpose of this study is to determine the City’s approach to expand broadband in the community.
This study will:
- Define the City’s strategic goals, objectives and roles of deployment for broadband network services;
- Develop an understanding of community-wide need for fiber-based broadband;
- Document fiber-based broadband demand in the City that leverages the City’s existing relationships with local businesses and stakeholder.
- Assess the feasibility of using existing right of way, existing and new conduit pole lines and other assets to reduce the cost of FTTP deployments throughout the City;
- Determine the benefits that a fiber network would provide in terms of economic development, education, healthcare, municipal government and the quality of life of its constituents, residents and visitors;
- Determine how a fiber network could create added-value through economic efficiencies and cost reductions
- Determine the most feasible options to gain consensus on the path forward to achieve the City’s goals.
Expected completion of phase 1 is June 2017.