Knitting Quick-Start for Beginners
In this two-week entry level class, you will gain the essential skills to get started knitting. Skills learned include casting-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, and binding off. Upon registration, you will be able to contact the instructor via email for any supply questions prior to class.
- 1 ball (about 200 yards) of worsted weight yarn (Medium #4 on the ball band), wool or wool blend in a light, solid color:
- Brands easily available at Michaels or JoAnn’s are: Paton’s Classic Wool in color Aran, or
- Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease (wool blend)
- #8 straight knitting needles; wood or bamboo needles are preferred.
- A large eye yarn or tapestry needle is optional, but useful for weaving in ends.
Classes are for 2 weeks - June 12 & 19.