Securing our Houses of Worship
The Orange County Sheriff's Department is committed to safeguarding the community, including all Houses of Worship. If the leadership of your faith-based organization is interested in creating or enhancing their security team, please have them join us at this informative presentation. We will have subject matter experts from the Department of Homeland Security, FBI, Orange County Intelligence Assessment Center, Orange County Fire Authority, the Sheriff’s Inter-Faith Advisory Council, and established members of other faith-based security teams.
Some of the topics include:
· How to start your own security team
· Best practices from local faith-based security teams
· Developing security policies and procedures
· Insurance considerations
· Lessons learned from world-wide attacks on houses of worship
· Identifying and handling suspicious behavior
· Working with the OCFA and Law Enforcement to keep your congregation safe
· Critical Infrastructure Assessments - Identifying security improvements for your site
· How to apply for a California Concealed Weapons (CCW) Permit
Where: Mission Viejo Christian Church
27192 Jeronimo Road, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
When: February 20, 2020 | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Please email Lt. Quyen Vuong at VUONGQT@OCSD.ORG if you have any questions regarding this presentation.
Please note: Due to the overwhelming interest for this event, we have moved to a larger venue: from City Council Chambers to Mission Viejo Christian Church.
Contact InformationPhone Number:949-470-8433
Location InformationLocation Name:Mission Viejo Christian ChurchStreet Address:27192 Jeronimo RoadCity:Mission ViejoState:CAZip Code:92692
BookingPrice Details:FREEBooking Number:NO RSVP REQUIRED