Mission Viejo's Planning and Building counter services are open Monday through Friday. Building Counter service is available 8 am to 4 pm, Closed noon - 1 pm, last sign-in before lunch is 11:45 am, and the last sign-in at the end of the day is 3:30 pm.
Hours for Planning & Code Enforcement are 8 am to 5 pm, Counter Closed noon - 1 pm. Inspections and code enforcement continue to operate with appropriate precautions.
Online Client Self Service system is now available! All new permit and plans must be submitted online.
For assistance with the new online system, see the Resources and How To Guides for Client Self Service system.
You may contact Building Services for all building related inquiries at email@example.com or 949-470-3054. Please note that Building Services is experiencing a high volume of email inquiries and phone calls, response times may be delayed, but will be returned in the order received.
The Community Development Department administers the City's land use policies, including zoning, building, subdivision, and environmental regulations, to ensure the orderly physical growth of the community. Program activities range from advance and current planning to permit inspection, code enforcement, and economic development. The Department also oversees the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program and the Housing Rehabilitation program.
Request For Proposals (RFP)
The Community Development Department is requesting proposals for:
- Housing Rehabilitation Implementation Services for the City of Mission Viejo. Please review the Request for Proposal – Housing Rehabilitation Implementation Services for more information.
- Please submit by 4:00 p.m. on June 12, 2023.
- Qualified firms that will process housing rehabilitation loans. Please review the Request for Proposal - Housing Rehabilitation Loan Processing for more information.
- Please submit proposals by 4:00 p.m. on June 9, 2023.
- Planning Division Fee Schedule Effective April 1, 2023
- Building Division Fee Schedule Effective April 1, 2023
- Market Retail Study
- Core Area Vision Plan
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Building Counter Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Closed: 12 pm - 1 pm
Last sign-in before lunch: 11:45 am
Last sign-in end of the day: 3:30 pm
With September’s designation as National Preparedness Month, now is the time to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
If you know someone in need of food or social services, there are several local organizations that provide these services for families in need.
Natural disasters impact pets as much as humans; therefore, owners must be prepared to care for and evacuate their pets when necessary.