Commissions & Committees
The City Council is assisted by three commissions: the Community Services Commission, the Investment Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Transportation Commission. Commissioners:
- advise the City Council and the City Manager on matters within their area of responsibility and interest;
- help focus attention on specific issues and problems within their scope of responsibilities, and recommend action and alternatives for Council consideration;
- act as channels of communication among City government, the general public, and interest groups;
- reconcile contradictory viewpoints and provide direction toward achievement of citywide goals and objectives;
- balance community wants with municipal responsibility and resources.
Members of each commission are appointed by the City Council from a pool of applicants. Each council member nominates one member for each commission, and each nomination must then be ratified by a majority vote of the City Council. All commissioners serve at the pleasure of the City Council, and any individual commissioner may be removed at any time by a simple majority of the City Council, without cause.
200 Civic Center
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Orange County Sheriff’s Department investigators are looking for a suspect who burglarized a home in the 27000 block of Pueblonuevo Drive, making off with more than $6,Read Full Article
With rain in the forecast this weekend, the 9th annual Rally for Life Tennis Tournament has been rescheduled to Sunday, April 2.Read Full Article
Chevy Stevens, a New York Times bestselling author of thriller novels, will appear in the City’s popular Writers Present program on Tuesday, March 14.Read Full Article