Commissions & Committees
The City Council is assisted by three commissions: the Community Services Commission, the Investment Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Transportation Commission. Commissioners:
- advise the City Council and the City Manager on matters within their area of responsibility and interest;
- help focus attention on specific issues and problems within their scope of responsibilities, and recommend action and alternatives for Council consideration;
- act as channels of communication among City government, the general public, and interest groups;
- reconcile contradictory viewpoints and provide direction toward achievement of citywide goals and objectives;
- balance community wants with municipal responsibility and resources.
Members of each commission are appointed by the City Council from a pool of applicants. Each council member nominates one member for each commission, and each nomination must then be ratified by a majority vote of the City Council. All commissioners serve at the pleasure of the City Council, and any individual commissioner may be removed at any time by a simple majority of the City Council, without cause.
200 Civic Center
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Bestselling author Tim Dorsey will talk about his 20th laugh-riot thriller “Clownfish Blues” during the next Writers Present program at 7 p.m.Read Full Article
Two popular musicians will grace the Mission Viejo stage on Saturday, January 21.Read Full Article
If you have an old computer, hard drive, TV or other electronic device, drop it off at Mission Viejo City Hall on Saturday, January 21 for a good cause.Read Full Article