Text + -

91-year Holocaust survivor to speak during special Holocaust Survivor Symposium Sept. 27

Holocaust

Hetty Nihom, one of a few remaining Holocaust survivors, will share her profound experiences and how they’ve shaped her life during a special Holocaust Survivor Symposium on September 27.

Hosted by the Mission Viejo Activities Youth Group, the symposium is at 6 p.m. at the Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center, 24932 Veterans Way.

At 91 years young, Hetty is spry and will engage the audience with her personal account of determination and survival. She will field questions after her presentation.

Refreshments will be served.  For more information, call the Mission Viejo Activities Committee 949-830-7066.

Comments

Submitted by Rhea de Aenlle on Thu, 09/13/2018 - 5:35 pm

I wish I could attend with my daughter. Unfortunately, I have to go to another working event.

Bravo for sponsoring this event.

Submitted by Yvonne Roman on Thu, 09/13/2018 - 10:40 pm

Thanks for putting this presentation together.
I’m a 2nd generation survivor and the Holocaust should never ever be forgotten.
Sincerely
Yvonne Roman

Submitted by Lisa Quake on Sat, 09/15/2018 - 5:49 pm

We will be attending. After a trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau this summer, it is important we hear the survivors and never let this happen again.

Submitted by Robin Barr on Mon, 09/17/2018 - 6:26 pm

3 friends and I will be attending. Only 2 of us are Jewish. I'm happy that the 2 who aren't Jewish are interested and want to know and understand more about the Holocaust from a perspective they haven't been exposed to before.

Submitted by Melissa Boswell on Fri, 09/21/2018 - 11:02 am

I love that Mission Viejo library is sponsoring this profound and significant event! You guys amaze me. And I’m grateful for the wonderful memorial/tribute you did for 9/11 this year. Thank you.

Submitted by Middle School … on Mon, 09/24/2018 - 6:55 pm

I am so grateful to live in such a wonderful city that coordinates such enriching experiences for our community. I will be attending with about 10 or 15 of my students. What time do you suggest we arrive to get seating?
Mrs. Morrison

Add new comment

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
block-bikewaysurvey

Bikeway Survey

The City of Mission Viejo is developing a Bikeway Master Plan to improve the cycling experience in our community and encourage more people to enjoy riding their bicycles. We are currently in the process of gathering information to understand current cycling trends and preferences in the City.

As part of this effort, beginning on November 8th and running through December 7th, we are seeking resident feedback via a short, online survey. The survey will be available on our website, in our newsletter, and via our social media sites.

The online survey is available at https://tinyurl.com/missionviejobike, and those who participate will qualify for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.

Mission Viejo Bikeway