The Planning Division is responsible for implementing the City’s Development Code and related goals, policies and objectives of the City’s General Plan. The Planning Division processes land use and development applications, promoting public health, safety and general welfare to preserve or enhance the high quality of life in Mission Viejo. The Planning Division is also responsible for long range planning, housing issues and administering the Community Development Block Grant program. The Planning Division provides support to the City’s Planning and Transportation Commission.
Planning Commission Meetings
The Planning and Transportation Commission welcomes input from members of the public. Regular meetings of the Planning and Transportation Commission are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Mission Viejo City Hall, 200 Civic Center. For further information, please contact the Community Development Department at 949-470-3053 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning and Transportation Meeting agendas can be viewed here: Online Meeting Document Search.
The Gardens Mixed-Use Proposal
- Initial Study, 12-20-2021
- Notice of Preparation
- The Garden Mixed-use Proposal Public Scoping Meeting, 1/24/22 (Video)
The City is providing regular updates regarding the proposed ValueRock development on the corner of Marguerite and La Paz to keep residents informed. As the property owner’s proposal works its way through the City’s land use entitlement process, the City has provided a simplified flow chart outlining the numerous steps in that process and where it currently stands. The chart also highlights when important opportunities for public input will take place.
As a reminder, the City has not initiated nor promoted this proposal. The property is owned by a private property owner, and the City is legally required to provide a fair and neutral public hearing process. As always, the City encourages all Mission Viejo residents to participate and share their comments with the City when those stages in the process are reached.
Once the City receives ValueRock’s final proposed plan, the City will post and share it with the community.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comments from Mission Viejo residents submitted on the proposed Gardens project. The correspondence available through this link has been received by the City concerning the prosed Gardens project, and the pages have been made available online so that this important input may be shared with the developer and the community.
- Comments received in response to City of Mission Viejo April 11, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting, for Development Code Amendment DCA2021-20, proposing a new Mixed-Use zoning district.
- Comments received in response to City of Mission Viejo May 10, 2022 City Council Meeting, for Development Code Amendment DCA2021-20, proposing a new Mixed-Use zoning district.
- Mayor's Response to Comments Received.
Marty Russo Youth Athletic Park Lighting Project (PDP2022-331)
- Marty Russo Lighting Project - Notice of Intent (NOI)
- Marty Russo Youth Athletic Park Lighting Project - Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP)
- Marty Russo Youth Athletic Park Lighting Project - Initial Study (IS) / Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND)
Lower Curtis Park Stockpile (PDP2020-315)
Lower Curtis Park Stockpile Environment Document
- Appendix A - Air Quality Report
- Appendix B - Biology Report
- Appendix C - Cultural Report
- Appendix D - Greenhouse Gas Report
- Appendix E - Noise Report
- Appendix F - Traffic Report
Planning Division Fee Schedule Effective September 1, 2019
For planning forms: Forms and Applications (For discretionary projects such as Conditional Use Permits, Planned Development Permits, etc., please contact the Planning Department at 949-470-3053 or email email@example.com for specific requirements).
About Mission Viejo:
- Homeowners Guide for Water Conservation, Drought Tolerant Plants and Artificial Turf
- Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) Information
Wireless Master Plan Study:
- Online Planning & Transportation Commission Meeting Agenda, Minutes, and Document Search
- General Plan
- Comprehensive Bikeway Master Plan 1
- Comprehensive Bikeway Master Plan 2
- Comprehensive Bikeway Master Plan 3
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
Questions or comments: 949-470-3053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.