Commissions & Committees
The City Council is assisted by three commissions: the Community Services Commission, the Investment Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Transportation Commission. Commissioners:
- advise the City Council and the City Manager on matters within their area of responsibility and interest;
- help focus attention on specific issues and problems within their scope of responsibilities, and recommend action and alternatives for Council consideration;
- act as channels of communication among City government, the general public, and interest groups;
- reconcile contradictory viewpoints and provide direction toward achievement of citywide goals and objectives;
- balance community wants with municipal responsibility and resources.
Members of each commission are appointed by the City Council from a pool of applicants. Each council member nominates one member for each commission, and each nomination must then be ratified by a majority vote of the City Council. All commissioners serve at the pleasure of the City Council, and any individual commissioner may be removed at any time by a simple majority of the City Council, without cause.
Author Ivy Claire and NBA legend Kobe Bryant will discuss their new book “EPOCA: The Tree of Ecrof” at 6:30 pm on Friday, November 15 in the Capistrano Valley High School Performing Arts
To preserve more than 100 acres of open space and connect the heart of Mission Viejo, the City Council this week approved the acquisition of the Casta Del Sol Golf Course.
The City of Mission Viejo is looking at the feasibility of purchasing the Casta Del Sol Golf Course after the City Council on Tuesday voted unanimously to direct staff to evaluate the City’s intere