Commissions & Committees
The City Council is assisted by three commissions: the Community Services Commission, the Investment Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Transportation Commission. Commissioners:
- advise the City Council and the City Manager on matters within their area of responsibility and interest;
- help focus attention on specific issues and problems within their scope of responsibilities, and recommend action and alternatives for Council consideration;
- act as channels of communication among City government, the general public, and interest groups;
- reconcile contradictory viewpoints and provide direction toward achievement of citywide goals and objectives;
- balance community wants with municipal responsibility and resources.
Members of each commission are appointed by the City Council from a pool of applicants. Each council member nominates one member for each commission, and each nomination must then be ratified by a majority vote of the City Council. All commissioners serve at the pleasure of the City Council, and any individual commissioner may be removed at any time by a simple majority of the City Council, without cause.
The Mission Viejo Animal Services Center has confirmed reports of a mountain lion sighting near the crossing of Marguerite Parkway and Alicia Parkway near Lake Mission Viejo.
The City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed the Core Area Vision Plan – a bold, visionary first step in addressing the economic fallout of the pandemic and revitalizing the City’s Dow
On June 12 at 9 am, Mission Viejo Animal Services (MVAS) received a call from a camp ranger at Oso Lake Scout Camp in Rancho Santa Margarita reporting that three teens were involved in an incident