Commissions & Committees
The City Council is assisted by three commissions: the Community Services Commission, the Investment Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Transportation Commission. Commissioners:
- advise the City Council and the City Manager on matters within their area of responsibility and interest;
- help focus attention on specific issues and problems within their scope of responsibilities, and recommend action and alternatives for Council consideration;
- act as channels of communication among City government, the general public, and interest groups;
- reconcile contradictory viewpoints and provide direction toward achievement of citywide goals and objectives;
- balance community wants with municipal responsibility and resources.
Members of each commission are appointed by the City Council from a pool of applicants. Each council member nominates one member for each commission, and each nomination must then be ratified by a majority vote of the City Council. All commissioners serve at the pleasure of the City Council, and any individual commissioner may be removed at any time by a simple majority of the City Council, without cause.
Lace up your running shoes and get ready to take a trek along the Oso Creek Trail for a great cause of your choice.
If you want to jump-start your New Year’s resolutions, purchase a membership to one of our four recreation, fitness, and tennis centers – and get a big discount. That’s right: Through Jan
The City of Mission Viejo is joining other South County cities in encouraging residents to volunteer for Orange County’s Point in Time (PIT) Homele