Blood Drive March 28 will help severe blood shortage during COVID-19 outbreak
The next Red Cross Blood Drive will take place from 9 am to 3 pm on March 28 at Mission Viejo Christian Church, 27192 Jeronimo.
The blood drive was originally scheduled for the end of the month at Mission Viejo City Hall.
During this difficult time, the Red Cross is working diligently to maintain a stable supply of blood for patients in need.
To continue this essential service, the Red Cross has implemented special measures and additional protocols to protect donors, staff and the surrounding areas.
Pre-Donation Donor Temperature Screening:
- All donors will have their temperature taken before being permitted into the blood drive.
- If a donor has a temperature higher than 99.5°F, he or she will be asked to leave and donate when healthy.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in, health history and refreshment areas.
- Blood donors will be asked to use hand sanitizer before using tablets and laptops.
- Donor beds will be sanitized after each donor.
- The Red Cross is implementing measures to allow as much distance as possible between donors.
Find this and other local blood drives on the Red Cross website. You can make an appointment online or simply stop by Mission Viejo Christian Church on March 28.