Remember these holiday safety tips
With the holiday season underway, Mission Viejo Police Services is reminding residents to beware of crimes of opportunities related to online shopping and deliveries.
To help keep the Grinch at bay and your packages safe, be sure to:
- Select a delivery date when you know you will be home to accept the packages.
- Collect packages as soon as they are delivered if you are home.
- Ask a trusted friend or neighbor to collect and hold packages for you if you aren't home.
- Take advantage of delivery services that offer to hold packages for pick-up or use locker services provided by local retailers.
- Opt to pick-up your package from the retailer instead of having it delivered.
- Sign-up for informed delivery through UPS, which notifies you daily of incoming mail and packages.
“If you see something, say something,” call the Sheriff’s Department’s non-emergency dispatch line at 949-770-6011 to report suspicious activity.
To learn more about holiday safety, head to the Norman P. Murray Community Center at 1 pm on Thursday, December 8 for a "Holiday Theft Prevention Seminar" by Mission Viejo Police Services. To register, call 949-470-3062 and reference course #105164 or email email@example.com.