New eateries continue to open in Mission Viejo
Mission Viejo continues to be a popular place for new eateries. Many establishments have recently opened, are under construction or are planning to open here soon.
Here’s a summary:
- The Acai Bowl Company is open at 25380 Marguerite Parkway, across from the Mission Viejo Library.
- In February, Chipotle Mexican Grill added another location in town inside The Shops at Mission Viejo.
- Café L’Noyer Bakery opened in the College Center at 28181 Marguerite Parkway.
- Coco’s Bakery Restaurant recently moved from Crown Valley to Marguerite Parkway at the former Carrows site. A chamber ribbon cutting is planned for March 16.
- The cafe at 23162 Los Alisos is under new ownership and was renamed Haida Sandwich Shop.
- Manila Kusina Grill, a popular Filipino restaurant, recently moved from Lake Forest after building out a 3,200-square-foot restaurant across the street from Sonic.
- Nekter Juice Bar opens this week in the northern part of town at 27726 Santa Margarita Parkway.
- Crü Café opens March 16 on Los Alisos Boulevard near the Ayres Hotels.
The grand opening of the Bellante Family Wine Tasting Room on Via Fabricante is March 25.
On the horizon:
- Coffee Bean & Tea at 26281 Marguerite Parkway
- Creamistry at 27692 Santa Margarita Parkway is renovating (near TJ Maxx)
- Menchie’s at 25290 Marguerite Parkway
- Oggi’s Sports Bar and Grill at 24042 Alicia Parkway
- Oishii Sushi at 25542 Jeronimo Road is rebuilding after a fire
- Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen on Los Alisos next to Sonic
- Rollrritto, a poke bowl eatery, at 28201 Marguerite Parkway
- Tapas OC is undergoing tenant improvements inside the Kaleidoscope on Crown Valley.
- MJ Café at 28201 Marguerite in the College Center
The new Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen location on Los Alisos Boulevard in Mission Viejo is under construction. The rain caused a delay in the grading and foundation work, but the contractors are back out there working diligently on this new drive thru restaurant. They expect to be ready to open late-June, early July.
It's september and still no popeyes yet. uggggg
Come on by, Raye! If you want to attend the Grand Opening, you must register at our website, bellantefamilywinery.com. Looking forward to meeting you!
I am with BObby. Waiting on Popeyes. When! When!
I have literally been keeping an eye on the physical location Popeyes. On the outside it appeared well towards done and I saw work being done out front. It appears they're doing work on the outside of the restaurant things like perhaps parking places Landscaping stuff like that and considering that they were hiring people within the last month or two to work there, I would say it's not out of the question that they open this month March 2018. I know I can't wait. I have been going to Popeyes the better part of 30 years.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Bellante Family Winery is the one I am looking forward to! Popeye's too!
Is popeyes still opening..if so when?
What's the projected opening of Popeye's Chicken, I realize the approval from the planning commission was announced somewhere around a year ago. And the many Popeye fans can't wait, but it seems like it's taking forever. I realize the city of Mission Viejo isn't Popeye's and there is some concern in the local Popeye fan club that the project be put on the back burner or cancelled since the announcement that Burger King had bought the Popeye company. Does the city have any insight to the opening of Popeye's. Thanks.