Client Self Service
The City of Mission Viejo has introduced an online Client Self Service system for Permit and Plan requests. This system will help streamline the application process and allow for enhanced self service options.
Online Services Available:
- Apply for Permits
- Submit Plans
- Revise Permits and Plans
- Schedule Inspections
- Pay Invoices and Fees
- Check the status of applications
- View your Calendar of Upcoming Deadlines and Inspection
It is easy to get started, create an Online Account and being the application process.
Client Self Service Overview
Introduction and Overview for Applying for Permit or Plan - Download User Guide
If you experience any issues with Client Self-Service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Additional User Guides and Videos
Create/Update an Account - Download User Guide
Apply for a Permit or Plan - Download User Guide
Request an Inspection - Coming Soon!
Revise/Update Application - Coming Soon!
- Available Online Permits/Plans and Required Documents
To be signed by the person pulling the permit (contractor, authorized agent or home owner). Please note there are separate forms for a homeowner and contractor. Homeowners will also be required to fill out and submit an owner builder notification.
- Contractor or Authorized Agent (also include pocket card or letter of authorization) (Contractor Permit Disclosure)
- Homeowner or Owner's Authorized Agent (Owner Builder Permit Disclosure)
- Owner Builder Notification
Use the Chart below to identify which forms are needed before you apply for your permit. This is not an all inclusive list, more items will be added over time.
Permit Type PDF Attachments Required Other Attachments Parking Permit Parking Permit Enforcement Residential Repipe Construction & Demolition Waste Diversion, Owner Builder Notification, Permit Disclosure Form (Contractor or Owner Builder) Pocket Card or Letter of Authorization if not a owner builder Residential Reroof Construction & Demolition Waste Diversion, Owner Builder Notification, Permit Disclosure Form (Contractor or Owner Builder) Pocket Card or Letter of Authorization if not a owner builder Residential Solar (Photovoltaic) Plans, Structural Analysis
How do I create an Account?
Create an account online at Client Self Service. Click Login or Register in the upper right corner to create your account. Download the Account Guide or watch the instructional video for additional information.
What if I can't search for my address?
If you can't find your address by searching the street name or number, you can manually find the location. See the Manual Location Guide for details.
Can I apply for permits or submit plans in person?
Some permits and plans can be still submitted in person. You will need to create an online account before you visit the Building Services Counter.
What if I don't have internet access?
Public Wifi is available during business hours at all City facilities. If you need access to a computer, there are public computers available at the Mission Viejo Library located across the parking lot from City Hall.
I forgot my username and/or password.
Your username is your email address. If you enter your email address and click next you will see Forgot Password link on the screen. This will prompt you to reset your password.
Can I use a phone or tablet for the online process?
Yes you can. There are some screens that may require a wider screen. You may need to scroll side to side.
ADU - Accessory Dwelling Unit
JADU - Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit
These classifications are based on the use and occupancy for buildings and structures. Many of the permits ask for this, but it is not required. Leave this section blank if you are unsure and it isn't required. R classifications are residential buildings or structures.
- R-3 - Single family homes usually fall into this category
- U - Misc. structures such as barns, sheds, stables, and private garages
Type of Construction
This category refers to the fire-resistance rating requirements for building elements. Many of the permits ask for this, but it is not required. Leave this section blank if you are unsure and it isn't required.
This section is about how you deal with the waste that will be produced from your construction project. If this question is required, you will also need to complete the Construction and Demolition Waste Diversion form. When completing this form, use your best estimate on the percentages required.
- Option 1 - Divert a minimum of 75% of Construction & Demolition material through the use of construction bins (roll-off or low-boy containers only) provided by Waste Management for the removal of Construction & Demolition debris.
- Option 2 - Divert a minimum of 75% of Construction & Demolition material by self-hauling all Construction & Demolition material generated at the project site to Waste Management of Orange County.
- Option 3 - Divert a minimum of 75% of Construction & Demolition material by self-hauling all Construction & Demolition material generated at the project site to a Construction & Demolition recycling facility.
- Exempt - This project is exempt from diversion requirements under the City’s Construction & Demolition requirements per Municipal Code Section 6.10.1110, and I certify that I shall divert a minimum of 65% of Construction & Demolition material generated from this project as required by CALGreen.
Quantity of pages being submitted
This category refers to the number of pages that will be included as attachments. You can estimate this number and then update it once you have completed the attachments on the next screen.
- Tips and Troubleshooting
- Save your work often. If you navigate away from the window, you will have to start the process again. To continue a saved draft, select the dropdown in the upper right corner with your name, select Saved Work, select My Drafts and then Resume.
- When filling out the applications, if it is a number field ONLY enter a Number and Decimal Point. If it is a text field, you can enter text, numbers and symbols. You will not be able to move to the next screen if the fields are not completed correctly.
- It is recommended that the application, specifically the attachments, be completed on a desktop or laptop computer. Fillable forms and PDF's tend to be easier to complete on these devices.
- If you are unable to save the data in a fillable form, use File>Print>Print as a PDF. This will preserve your data in the form.
- Errors in text/number fields. Number field can only include numbers and decimal points. No other characters are allowed.