City Golf Course reopening with COVID-19 guidelines in place May 1
With the Orange County Board of Supervisors’ decision to allow golf courses to reopen with stringent COVID-19 guidelines set in place, the Casta del Sol Golf Course will resume modified operations at 6 am on May 1.
The following general guidelines apply to all courses in Orange County – including Mission Viejo:
- Wear a mask and always practice social distancing (staying six feet apart) including with everyone in your group.
- On-course restrooms are closed.
- Walking only
- Putting greens and all practices are closed.
- All check-in areas take place outdoors.
Many other guidelines are in place, and marshals will be on the course to ensure golfers are following the guidelines. Folks who don’t, will be asked to leave.
Find out details and more information about the course and reserving a tee time at castadelsolgc.com.
The majority of the players at Casta are seniors who can't manage carrying a loaded golf bag for 18 holes. At least provide carts for one person per cart or at least provide pull carts. We've provided revenue for the course for many years.
Here are the guidelines for the Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club located at: 26772 Avery Parkway
Tee time reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance by visiting www.ArroyoTrabuco.com.
Tee time intervals will be spread out to avoid multiple groups going out together or gathering.
No more than four (4) players in a group.
Access to the property will be limited to golfers with tee times only.
Please do not arrive at the club more than 20 minutes before scheduled your tee time.
When parking your car, please leave an empty stall between your vehicle and another vehicle.
The bag drop service will be closed. Carry your clubs from the car to the check-in area where you will receive directions on how to proceed.
Walking is strongly encouraged. Sanitized single-rider golf carts will be available for those not able to walk.
The Golf Shop will be closed for merchandise sales, and rental clubs will not be available.
All food and beverage facilities and on-course food and beverage services will remain closed.
Flagstick cups have been turned upside down to prevent the ball from going into the hole. Please take precautions to allow for the safe removal of golf balls and do not touch the flagsticks or the edge of the hole.
Bunker rakes have been removed from the course. Smooth your divot and footprints with your feet or your wedge. Balls in a footprint, etc. may be moved to a normal lie in the bunker.
There will be no sand bottles on the golf course or golf carts.
On-course water coolers have been removed. Please bring your own water bottle with you.
On-course restrooms on holes 8 and 13 will be open and regularly cleaned.
Please proceed directly to your car and leave the property immediately following your round of golf.
We will have staff monitoring and enforcing the above guidelines.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will lead us to ask you to leave and jeopardizes our ability to provide a healthy game of golf.
Guidelines for the Casta del Sol Club were sent to all of the subscribers/members and will also be clearly posted on site. For Ms. Schlicht's benefit, they are also copied below.
As of Friday, May 1, 2020, Casta del Sol Golf Course will be reopening for golf and other modified operations. To stay in line with health and social mandates and to keep everyone who visits us safe and healthy, here are procedures we will be enforcing with 100% compliance required.
If you do not feel you can comply with these procedures, please do not book a tee time or visit the golf course. Anyone found to not be in compliance will be asked to immediately get in compliance or will be asked to leave the property.
· It is the responsibility of the person booking the tee time to fully communicate these procedures to all golfers/guests in their party in advance and prior to arrival at, Casta del Sol Golf Course so that all golfers/guests are in compliance.
· If you are sick, have any symptoms, or believe that you might have COVID-19 or any other illness where you should not be near others in public, please stay home and do NOT visit Casta del Sol Golf Course.
· Social distancing of 6’ minimum is required throughout the property. This is in effect too for family members so that everyone that anyone sees has proper distancing while on property.
· Face coverings are required of everyone at all times. Hand sanitizer will be available for customer use.
· All golf and tee time rates are based on walking. Plan on walking for your round and bring any push carts/carry bags you might have to make your round more enjoyable.
· Food will not be available but bottled water, bottled soda, bottled Gatorade, canned beer will be available for purchase.
· We have tried to remove as many “touch point” items from the golf course as possible – bunker rakes, ball washers, etc. Please help us out with the following –
· Flag pins will be removed. Each cup is fitted with an insert that will allow the golf ball to enter the cup but only go down a short distance. You will be able to retrieve your ball without touching the cup.
· Since bunkers will be without rakes, please be diligent and courteous when hitting out of a bunker. Please use your foot to “rake” the area you hit from and any sand displacement so as to leave the conditions the best you can for the next golfer.
· Some services such as bag drop and club cleaning will not be offered to limit touch points on your visit.
· Clubhouse restrooms will be open and access from the front of the building only. on course restroom will remain locked. Restrooms have been modified to only allow a patron at a time per room.
· At the conclusion of your visit, please leave the property in a timely manner to lessen any congestion/gatherings.
· No pencils, scorecards, tees or ball markers will be provided.
· Tee Times will begin at 6:00am. The last tee time will be 5:00pm daily with the course closing at 7:00pm
· Tee times will be in 10-minute intervals
· Check in no earlier then 10 minutes prior to tee time.
· No more than 4 players in a group.
· Pro shop, restaurant and bar and terraces will be closed to all patrons
· Tee times can be made on line at Castadelsolgc.com
Thank you for visiting us at Casta del Sol Golf Course and we hope you have a great experience under these procedures! Should you have questions please email GM@castadelsolgc.com.
when I try to make a reservation for Casta del sol there are no twilight rates. Is it really $36 all the time with no carts???
For the benefit of Ms. Schlicht? -what does that mean?
Are you inferring that comparing the guidelines of use for the public CdSGC with the private Arroyo Trabuco Gold Club is a problem? Does the city prefer the public to be kept in the dark? Is it a problem to expose guidelines of other places?
Arroyo Trabuco appears to be much more user-friendly and friendlier to its patrons.
The department of homeland security's lab has shown the current corona virus can not live outdoors in sunlight. During the swine flu pandemic people were told to get outside for as much fresh air and sunshine as possible. Golf courses were not shut down or standard operating procedures modified. Why do you think this corona virus is different?
What is the cities position regarding the Americans With Disabilities Act. How are you providing for those that are unable to walk and wish to play?
The City of Mission Viejo is currently following the County directives on opening up the Golf Course (during COVID-19) which REQUIRES that only walking the course be offered. The City will be offering carts in the near future and we would ask that everyone be patient while we all adjust to this modified golf experience.
I played on Saturday at Casta Del Sol. It was disappointing to see that all flag pins were in. Also, none of the cups were inverted, or fitted with an insert. This means everyone who plays the course puts their hand in the cup.
The Casta website states states these procedures were being followed for the safety and health of the players, but unfortunately, they were not.
The situation with the pins and cups was addressed and fixed and has been confirmed with the superintendent as well. The cup cutter Saturday didn’t put the inverted cup in correctly. Thank you for letting us know and it won’t happen again.