Great Plates Delivered Program starts delivering food to seniors Monday
The Great Plates Delivered Program is now taking applications from seniors for the new meal delivery program administered by Age Well Senior Services.
For folks who qualify, the program provides breakfast, lunch and dinner daily delivered by a local restaurant at no charge. The program also provides economic relief to local businesses while supporting seniors quarantined at home.
Individuals interested in the program must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 65 or older or 60-64 and at high-risk as defined by the CDC
- Lives alone or with one other program-eligible adult
- Not currently receiving assistance from other state or federal nutrition assistance programs
- Affirms an inability to prepare or obtain meals
- Other qualifications may apply
Meal delivery begins Monday and runs through June 10, unless extended. Registration is available at this link. Folks can also call 949-382-6098 for assistance with the application process.
Restaurants interested in participating can find more information at this link or by calling 949-855-8033.
Is there any need for volunteers to help deliver the meals? Or is that up to each individual restaurant?
Although we advertised it for the community, Great Plates is a state program administered through the County of Orange. Please call this number to inquire about volunteering: 949-855-8033.