Make a difference in the lives of our adopted troops through special program
You can help support the men and women who fight for our freedoms through the Adopt-A-Marine program.
The City of Mission Viejo, Marine Adoption Committee and Mission Viejo Community Foundation work year-round to enhance the lives of our adopted Marines and Sailors of the Headquarters Battalion, 1st Marine Division from Camp Pendleton.
More than 1,200 Marines and Sailors are supported every year thanks to generous donations from the community. With your $50 annual donation, a Marine can receive the following benefits throughout the year:
- Weekly care packages if deployed.
- Subsidized cost for an entry-level Marine to attend the annual Marine Corps Ball.
- Emergency monetary or supply assistance to Marines and their families as needed.
- Toys distributed to children during the holidays.
- Baskets filled with necessities for newborns and expectant families.
- A Thanksgiving meal for the Marine and his or her family.
- Participation in the annual “Day at Lake Mission Viejo” event, which includes lake activities, a barbeque, games, music and more.
Donations can be made online at mvcommunityfoundation.org. Checks made payable to Mission Viejo Community Foundation can be mailed to MVCF at 200 Civic Center, Mission Viejo, CA 92691. When donating, indicate “Adopt a Marine.”
For more information, contact 949-470-3061 or RCS@cityofmissionviejo.org.
I’m happy to make a financial donation to the organization, but I’m also interested in volunteering in an active way. Who would I contact to talk about volunteer possibilities?