Securing our Houses of Worship presentation set for Feb. 20 in Mission Viejo
The Orange County Sheriff's Department is committed to safeguarding the community including all Houses of Worship and is hosting a special presentation on Thursday, February 20.
The “Securing our Houses of Worship” presentation is from 6-9 pm at Mission Viejo Christian Church, 27192 Jeronimo Road.
Faith-based organizations interested in creating or enhancing their security teams are encouraged to attend the workshop, which will cover:
- How to start your own security team
- Best practices from local faith-based security teams
- Lessons learned from world-wide attacks on houses of worship
- Identifying and handling suspicious behavior
- Developing policies, procedures, and insurance for security teams
- Working with OCFA and law enforcement to keep your congregation safe
- Critical Infrastructure Assessments - identifying security improvements for your site
- How to apply for a California Concealed Weapons (CCW) Permit
For more information, contact Lt. Quyen Vuong at VUONGQT@OCSD.ORG.
This should be a great, informative event. Looking forward to attending.