Text + -

Business License & Permits

Business Licenses

Business licenses are not required for businesses located and operating in City of Mission Viejo; however, all new businesses are required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy permit from the City's Building Services Division.

Business Permits

The City of Mission Viejo does not issue Business Licenses. However, some businesses require business permits (such as massage parlors, street vendors, and non-profit door-to-door solicitations). Permits are issued by the Community Development Department at City Hall. Home-based businesses need to call that department at (949) 470-3055 to inquire about rules and regulations.

Commercial Film Production Permits

The City of Mission Viejo encourages commercial filming and still photography. Permits are required for use of public-owned parks, parkways, and facilities. The City has many beautiful areas and facilities to offer film producers. For more information, please refer to the Film Production Application and City Ordinance

Please consult with Planning staff in the Community Development Department for a current copy of the Planning Division Fee Schedule.


"One-stop" state, local, regional and federal permit and licensing requirements. Visit calgold.ca.gov


MV Life

Keep your finger on the pulse of City of Mission Viejo, CA with the free MV Life mobile app. The City of Mission Viejo has rolled out this special app to provide you with timely information about events, amenities, shopping, dining, and recreation so you can savor the good life in this picturesque South County city. Whether you are seeking family entertainment, cultural arts or activities for the young and young at heart, Mission Viejo has it all.

Download App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.missionviejo
MV Life app image