Do Business in Mission Viejo
Welcome to Mission Viejo! Mission Viejo, south Orange County’s largest city, has an outstanding quality of life for its residents, businesses and visitors. Mission Viejo is consistently recognized as one of the safest cities in California, compared to cities of similar size. Mission Viejo is a business-friendly, master-planned community with outstanding schools, and a talented, well-educated work force.
Mission Viejo is conveniently located between San Diego and Los Angeles counties, adjacent to both Interstate 5 and State Route 241 (Foothill Toll Road). The nearby Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Station provides both Metrolink & Amtrak service; the Irvine Transportation Center is about 5 minutes north of Mission Viejo, and the John Wayne Airport is about 16 miles north of the City via Interstate 405.
Disneyland is about located about 25 miles away, Legoland (in north San Diego County) is about 40 miles away, and it's only 12 miles to the beach. Mission Viejo has four hotels to serve our visitors: Ayres Suites, Ayres Hotel & Spa, Fairfield Inn and the newly constructed Hampton Inn & Suites.
The City of Mission Viejo always offers fast-tracked permit processing, no businesses license fees, no gross receipts taxes, no utility user fees, no per employee fees and there is a talented staff to serve you.
Mission Viejo Means Business!
Mission Viejo is a master planned community with a beautiful lake that is located in South Orange County, between San Diego and Los Angeles. The John Wayne Airport is 20 minutes away and the nearby Mission Viejo/Laguna Niguel Metrolink Station offers access to Amtrak and commuter rail services. Mission Viejo is one of safest cities in California and it is consistently ranked one of the top 15 in the nation. This community is home to the Mission Viejo Nadadores swim and dive program, Mission Hospital, Saddleback College, and many distinguished K-12 schools. The City has a $76 million budget and it maintains a significant reserve fund. The City provides outstanding municipal services, where 99% of the residents report the quality of life is great. Additionally, Mission Viejo continues to welcome many new businesses, eateries and developments.
Mission Viejo's Business Friendly Practices
- No business license fee
- No gross receipts tax
- Next day building inspection services
- Expedited plan check and permit processing services
- City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
10 Reasons To Do Business in Mission Viejo
- Consistently ranked one of the safest cities
- Beautiful, master planned community in South OC
- Strong demographics with a population of 95,434
- Business friendly local government
- Outstanding quality of life for residents, employees and visitors
- State-of-the-art medical treatment at Mission Hospital
- The Shops at MV - an upscale regional shopping mall
- Eight luxury auto brands along Marguerite Parkway (including one inside The Shops at MV)
- Outstanding schools (public, private, charter) and Saddleback Community College
- More than 40 parks, multiple recreation/fitness/tennis centers and a community and senior center
MV Chamber of Commerce
- For more information please call: 949-441-0602
SCAG Local Profiles Report
City Demographic Information & Resources
Center for Demographic Research
Traffic Volume Information
- Mission Viejo Daily Traffic Volume Statistics
- Mission Viejo Traffic Flow Map
- OCTA Traffic Volume Map