Walk Against Drugs- Location
Continuing with tradition, the day will begin with an 8 a.m. rally at Mission Viejo High School (25025 Chrisanta Drive). Our guest speaker, Orange County Sheriff's Department Deputy Aron Grumbles, will kick off the rally with an important message.
Afterwards the crowd will walk up La Paz Road, through the Oso Creek Trail, and to the Community Fair on the Village Green at Oso Viejo Community Park (24932 Veterans Way). In addition to the Community Fair, you will also discover the 12th Annual South County Disaster Preparedness Expo at this site, which will provide information to residents of all ages on various aspects of preparedness.The fair and expo end at 12 p.m.
The fair/expo site will feature interactive community booths, educational activities, displays, food for purchase, entertainment, games and fun for all ages.
Free round-trip shuttle services provided by Capistrano Unified School District:
- Newhart Middle School to/from Mission Viejo High School 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- At 9:30 a.m. we add Norman P. Murray Community Center to the loop as well. Shuttles will then stop at all three locations until 1 p.m.
All of the private driveways and side streets on the north side of La Paz Road, between Veterans Way and Chrisanta Drive, will be temporarily closed between approximately 6:30 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. No traffic will be allowed in order to ensure the safety of pedestrians participating in the event.
- Traffic travelling eastbound on La Paz Road at Chrisanta Drive will be affected at approximately 8:30 a.m. for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Traffic exiting northbound Pradera Road at La Paz Road will be restricted to right turns only.
- Traffic at the intersection of La Paz Road and Marguerite Parkway will have lane and turning restrictions in place at 6:30 a.m.
- Traffic travelling westbound on La Paz Road will be shifted left and restricted to the left turn lanes at Marguerite Parkway.
Please follow all traffic signs located at this intersection and choose alternate routes if possible.