Dedicated Animal Welfare Group
DAWG is committed to providing medical care and helping hands to comfort sick, injured, and frightened animals that come into the Mission Viejo Animal Services Center until they can be reunited with their families or, in the event they have been abandoned, adopted to new families. Each year through memberships, individual and corporate donations and fundraising events, they are able to provide hundreds of animals with a second chance to find loving homes when they might otherwise by euthanized. Community volunteers, along with D.A.W.G., are doing important work for the animals of Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills and Rancho Santa Margarita.
Here are some of the services that D.A.W.G. helps the Mission Viejo Animal Services Center with:
- Medical Costs for lost/abandoned animals at the Shelter. Many animals arrive at the Shelter in need of medical treatment. D.A.W.G. pays for necessary tests, treatment and medicines to bring these animals back to good health. Surgery for animals that require life-saving procedures, from mending broken legs to having delicate eye and ear surgery.
- Foster Care - D.A.W.G. recruits families to provide in home care for baby animals until they are old enough to be placed for adoption. Dental Costs for animals that have severe problems with their teeth, including abscesses and gum diseases.
- Adoption Promotions - D.A.W.G. is bringing the Shelter to the community. We encourage shelter adoptions through advertising and attending local "Adoption Day" promotions.
- Spay/Neuter Costs - in our efforts to prevent unwanted litters, we contribute some of our proceeds to spaying and neutering many of the animals before they are adopted to a new home. Training - obedience or behavioral training for dogs who may require professional training once they are adopted by a new family.
- Special-Needs Animals - Our "Angel Program" was initiated to assist families who adopt a pet with special on-going medical treatment or medication. D.A.W.G. also furnishes kitten and puppy formula for abandoned "wee-ones," vitamins or dietary supplements to insure many of these animals are nursed back to good health.
Animal Care Services
Animal Care Services provides for the care, protection and control of animals that stray from their homes or are abused by their owners. Since January of 2009, the Mission Viejo Animal Services Center has handled this function for the City of Aliso Viejo and as of January 2017, also handles the cities of Laguna Hills and Rancho Santa Margarita. The pro-humane facility at 28095 Hillcrest in Mission Viejo provides an array of services including picking up injured wildlife, impounding stray dogs/cats, issuing citations, and providing a shelter for homeless animals. The facility has dogs, cats and rabbits available for adoption. For more information, call (949) 470-3045 or visit Animal Services.
City of Laguna Niguel
City of Aliso Viejo
City of Laguna Hills
City of Rancho Santa Margarita