Sierra Recreation Center
26887 Recodo Lane
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 3
Felipe Tennis & Recreation Center
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 5
Monday - Sunday (7 days a week) | 7:30 - 9:30 am
Wednesday | 5 - 6:30 pm
Show up and grab a game, no reservations required. Free for members, $5 drop-in fee for guests.
- Courts 1 and 2 are generally used by new, developing players (up through 2.5 level), and those looking for social play matches.
- Courts 3 and 4 are generally used for intermediate players (3.0-3.5).
- Court 6 is generally used for advanced play (3.5-4.0).
These court assignments are flexible as one day we may have more players from one skill level come to the center so please use your best judgement as you spread out. Winners can either stay and play a second match with their current partner, (or split), but should rotate off after two games to allow players to make new pairings. Players are expected to adhere to our code of conduct and have good sportsman like behavior.
Fall Evening 10-Week Pickleball Leagues Return
Join us this fall at Felipe for the return of our 10-week competitive 16-player round-robin leagues with no set partner. Individual scores during the season determine the champion in each division. Subs are needed when regular players can’t play. Prizes include monthly membership, ball-machine passes, and more. Cost is $30 for members; $60 non-members.
Note: This is not an instructional period but rather skilled-matched play. All players should know how to play pickleball or have completed a New Player Pickleball Course before registering.
Registration opens at 8 am on August 2 for members; August 3 for non-members.
Developing Player Pickleball League (2.5-3.0)
- #87901 / Wed / Sept 8 – Nov 10 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / $30 - $60* / FTR
- #87904 / Wed / Sept 8 – Nov 10 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / SUB - FREE / FTR
Intermediate Pickleball League (3.0-3.5)
- #87900 / Tu/ Sept 7 – Nov 9 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / $30 - $60* / FTR
- #87903 / Tu / Sept 7 – Nov 9 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / SUB - FREE / FTR
Advanced Pickleball League (3.5+)
- #87899 / Th / Sept 9 – Nov 11 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / $30 - $60* / FTR
- #87902 / Th / Sept 9 – Nov 11 / 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm / SUB - FREE / FTR
Winter leagues will return after winter holiday starting January 4, 2022.
Join us at Felipe for our fall social pickleball play groups. Get a new group of players each week for round-robin matches. Scores won't be tracked in these friendly games, but balls are provided. Up to five players will be assigned to each court for weekly round-robin play to avoid the need for subs. Cost is $15 for members; $30 non-members.
Note: This is not an instructional period but rather skilled matched play. All players should know how to play pickleball or have completed a New Player Pickleball Course before registering.
September registration opens at 8 am on August 2 for members and August 3 for non-members.
2.5 Level (Developing Players)
3.0 Level (Intermediate Players)
- #87888 / Mon / Sept 20 – Oct 18 / 11 am – 1 pm / $15 - $30* / FTR
- #87886 / Wed / Sept 22 – Oct 20 / 11 am – 1 pm / $15 - $30* / FTR
3.5 - 4.0 Level (Advanced Players)
The City will offer New Pickleball Player, Developing Player (2.5-3.0), Intermediate (3.0), and Advanced (3.5 - 4.0) small-group lessons. Each group lesson will run for four weeks and will have space for up to four individuals (New Player classes have a max of six individuals). The cost is $76 for Members, $80 for Non-members. Use the links below to register.
- New Player Pickleball: Learn game fundamentals including serving, scoring, game play, and player development in this group clinic. Suitable for all players with or without paddle or racket sport backgrounds. Group lessons are limited to four people per court, not including the instructor.
- Developing Player Pickleball (2.5 – 3.0): Improve stroke development, learn different serves, control height/depth of shots, and transition to the net.
- Intermediate Pickleball (3.0+): Control the ball, improve court movement, accuracy with shots and serves. Combine shot selection with court strategy. Suitable for 3.0+.
- Advanced Pickleball (3.5 - 4.0): Advanced court strategy, pro level serving, the all important dink, transition play, perfecting the third shot, communication, and advanced team play.
Additional classes will be added soon for Beau and Mel.
Instructor: Kevin Chaidez
- #87804 / Wed / Sept 1 - 22 / 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm / $76 - $80 / FTR
- #87803 / Thurs/ Sept 2 - 23 / 10:30 - 11:30 am / $76 - $80 / FTR
Developing Player Pickleball
- #87806 / Wed / Sept 1 - 22 / 6 - 7 pm / $76 - $80 / FTR
- #87801 / Thurs / Sept 2 -23 / 8 - 9 am / $76 - $80 / FTR
Instructor: Marc Freije
New Player Pickleball:
- #88442 / Thurs / Sept 2 - 23 / 8:30 - 9:30 am / $76 - $80 / SFIT
- #88443 / Thurs / Sept 2 - 23 / 9:45 - 10:45 am / $76 - $80 / SFIT
- #88445 / Sat / Sept 4-25 / 8:30 - 9:30 am / $76 - $80 / SFIT
- #88446 / Sat / Sept 4-25 / 9:45 - 10:45 am / $76 - $80 / SFIT
Developing Player Pickleball
- #88444 / Thurs / Sept 2 - 23 / 11 am - Noon / $76 - $80 / SFIT
- #88447 / Sat / Sept 4 - 25 / 11 am - Noon / $76 - $80 / SFIT
If you are looking for private or semi-private lessons with a set group, you may contact one of our pickleball professionals directly for availability and booking:
- Mel Seagle at 949-678-4550 or Melseagle@gmail.com
- Kevin Chaidez at 949-887-6299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beau Kojima at 949-295-2606 or email@example.com
- Marc Freije at 239-877-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sierra Recreation Center
- Monday - Saturday (8 am - 6 pm). Reservations are for 90 Minutes.
- Set reservation times: 8 am / 9:30 am / 11 am / 12:30 pm / 2 pm / 3:30 pm 5:00 pm (Tues/Thurs 90 mins) and 5:00 pm (Mon/Wed/Fri 50 mins).
Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center
- Monday - Thursday (8 am - 2 pm)
- Friday & Saturday (8 am - 12:30 pm)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 - 8 pm)
- Reservations are for 90 Minutes. Set reservation times: 8 am / 9:30 am / 11 am / 12:30 pm / 3:30 pm / 5 pm / 6:30 pm
Members can book courts on Monday morning at 7 am for Tuesday through the following Monday. Non-members can make a reservation one day in advance for any remaining courts after 7 am. If you do not have an account with PerfectMind, (missionviejo.perfectmind.com) please take a moment to go and create an account. When we transition to online reservations in the future, all players will be required to have an account. If you need assistance with creating an account, please contact the centers directly.
To make a reservation, email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your Name:
- Preferred Reservation Time: (8 am / 9:30 am / 11 am / 12:30 pm / 2pm / 3:30 pm / 5 pm / 6:30 pm).
- 1st Choice: / 2nd Choice: / 3rd Choice:
- Facility Preference:
- First and Last Name of those playing in your group
Once your reservation email is received, staff will send you a confirmation email with your playing time and location. Please note that ALL facilities are closed on Sundays, and emails received after 2 pm will be processed the next day.
Pickleball machine rentals
The Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center will resume taking pickleball machine reservations requests Monday - Saturday for morning courts at 9:30 am / 11 am / 12:30 pm; and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings at 3:30 pm / 5 pm / 6:30 pm. To request a pickleball machine reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request Pickleball Court 6 for the Ball machine, listing desired times.
- $10 per hour (Non-members must also pay $5 guest fees per person).
- $45 3-Month Unlimited Pass (Members Only)
- $150 Annual Unlimited Pass (Members Only)
While we continue to provide opportunities for recreation through reservation play, staff have formed a robust “Players Without Partners” (PWOP) Program to assist players with finding groups for matches each week. Please email email@example.com to be added to this list and sent a copy of the current court schedule. In your email, please include:
- Your first and last name
- Best phone number and email address
- Skill level (Developing player (2.5); Dev to inter (2.5-3.0), Intermediate (3.0), Inter to adv (3.0-3.5) Advanced (3.5-4.0)
- Preferred Days and Times
Weekly emails will be sent out to allow players to email in to claim spaces by skill level (2.5 Developing players - 4.0 Advanced). We recommend players new to the sport complete a New Player Pickleball Group Lesson before joining a PWOP match to ensure players know how to score and serve before game play. Additionally, players can also use the provided contact information to create set-foursomes for reservation based play.
Membership and guest fees:
Pickleball is an included amenity for Recreation and Tennis Center members. The City of Mission Viejo accepts Silver Sneakers, Prime, Renew Active, and Silver & Fit for pickleball at both the Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center and the Sierra Recreation Center. Please see our membership page for more details.
3-Month Pickleball Memberships Available (includes lap swimming + open gym amenities):
- Residents: Single ($80*) / Couple ($120*) / Family ($165)*
- Non-residents: Single ($115*) / Couple ($165*) / Family ($215)*
*10% discount available for individuals over the age of 55 years.
Monthly and annual options available for year round access at an additional savings.
Pickleball Guest Fees
$5 daily drop-in
Players must remove water bottles, personal belongings, and trash from the courts.
Disruptive behavior is not allowed in the facility, including inappropriate language.
Court reservations are made for 90 minutes. Be respectful of the players who will follow you.
Players must check-in at the front office when they arrive and fill out a general waiver upon arrival.