Marguerite Tennis Pavilion
27474-1 Casta Del Sol
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 4
Felipe Tennis & Recreation Center
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 5
For membership and guest fee information, please visit our Membership Information Page.
"The Marguerite" Returns October 24-26
The top 32 female high school singles players and doubles teams in Southern California will participate in a 3-day tournament at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion October 24-26. In its third year, “The Marguerite” is a United States Tennis Association and CIF-sanctioned tournament. The event exposes the community to the best young female tennis players in the region.
Several girls participating in event will go on to play collegiate tennis at some of the top universities in the country – and could move on to professional tennis.
“The City of Mission Viejo is excited to have the opportunity to showcase the quality of the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion as a premier tennis site for top-level tennis competition,” said Supervisor Dave Borrelli.
Registration is available through the USTA Tennis website. Main draw matches take place after 1 pm on October 25-26. Spectators can enjoy the event for free. For more information, email Tennis@cityofmissionviejo.org.
USTA Junior Satellite Tournament (Level 6) - Sunday November 3
The Marguerite Tennis Pavilion is gearing up to host a Level 6 USTA Junior Satellite Tournament on Sunday, November 3. Led by Mission Viejo Tennis Coach John Sangeraphynsiri and City Coordinator Sam Cho, the tournament is designed to increase programming for junior tennis players. Level 6 tournaments are ideal for players newer to tournament-style play looking to start establishing their rankings. The single-elimination format will be scored based on a full two-out-of-three sets and is open to USTA members under 18. This level 6 event will not pair players against participants with rankings in the top 100, allowing reachable goals or the ability to advance to a level 5 event. The Marguerite Tennis Pavilion is located at 27474 Casta Del Sol. All registered players will be selected to participate. For more information, email email@example.com.
Clinics and Programs
The Mission Viejo Tennis Centers offer a variety of clinics and programs to target each age and stage of tennis development. Please view the Marguerite and Felipe Tennis Program Schedule for our current clinic and program listings.
Junior Tennis Programs:
- Looking for year round Junior Tennis Programs? Our Pee-Wee program starts at age 4 and features a fun and educational introduction to the sport of tennis, focusing on the basics of forehand, backhand, volley, and motor skills necessary for success. Pee-Wee graduates and those 6 years and older, can enter the Junior Development Series which offers programs for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students all taught by our PTR and USTA certified Head Tennis Professional, Ryan Hill at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion.
- Already playing tennis and looking for more opportunities to play Junior USTA matches, tournaments, and try out for a high school team? Check our our Advanced junior tennis clinics at the Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center with Coach John Sangveraph.
Adult Tennis Clinics:
- Live Ball: Join Head Pro Ryan Hill in a fun, friendly, and competitive live-ball clinic for all levels of tennis players. Challenge yourself and others with exciting drills, games and point based play. Make new friends, develop new skills and strategy, and have a great time.
- Saturday's | 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. | Marguerite Tennis Pavilion.
- Adult Beginner: Focus on the correct technique to achieve a 20-ball rally. Eliminate unforced errors and master the BIG 5 - forehand, backhand, server/overhead, return, and volley with Coach Lawrence Holguin.
- Tuesday's | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center
- Adult Intermediate: Add targeting and strategy to neutralize your opponents and get them on the run with consistency, aiming and contest drills to force opponent errors with Coach Lawrence Holguin.
- Wednesday's - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center
The tennis centers offer a variety of league and intra-league opportunities for players, which can be viewed on our Program Leagues Flyer. The City offers three evening leagues seasonally, Monday Night Beginner Tennis (3.0-3.5); Tuesday Night Tennis (3.5 - 4.0) and Wednesday Night Tennis (4.0+).
MNT/TNT/WNT are 10-week round robin tennis leagues with no set partner. Each week four players will be assigned to a specific court to play three sets, changing partners after each set. Individual scores are recorded after each set. Whoever has the most games won at the end of the ten weeks wins! An award dinner will be held at end of season for all regular players. League fee includes prizes for winners, tennis balls and league banquet.
Leagues will begin the week of September 16. Registration is currently closed for new players, but subs are needed when regular members cannot play. To register as a sub, please click on the corresponding links below.
Private tennis lessons are available to both members and non-members at an affordable rate, so whether you are just beginning to play the game or looking to advance to a higher level, we have the professionals that can help you meet your goals. Please contact the club for more details.
Proper athletic clothing must be worn at all times, including non-marking tennis shoes.
All Non-Members need to pay a $8 day use fee or purchase a punch pass to use courts.
Players must clean up the court after use (i.e. water bottles/dispensers, tennis ball cans, tennis balls, packaging, etc.)
Disruptive behavior is not permitted and players may be suspended from any activity, league, and/or program sponsored by the tennis centers.
Court reservations are made for 90 minutes. Be respectful of the players coming on after you.
Court reservations may only be made by dues-paying members. Our new expanded prime-time reservation times are 7:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 6:00 pm, and 7:30 pm at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion. Prime-time reservation are 8:30 a.m., 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center.
“Back-to-back” reservations by individuals of the same reserving party will not be allowed during “prime-time” times.
Reservations may only be made one day in advance except for Mondays when a reservation for Monday can be made the previous Friday.
All “prime-time” reservations will be taken by phone first from 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Non prime-time court reservations can be any time during normal business hours.
Walk-in reservations require a member of the reserving party sign up in-person. The individual signing-up must also be a part of the group that plays at the reserved time
Challenges and "Off-Peak Hours"
Reservations for Pacific Sun League challenges may be made two days in advance for a 10:00 a.m. start time. Challenges will receive a 2 hour minimum of court reservation.
A member may make a reservation for two courts during “off-peak” hours and when no leagues/activities are playing. “Off-peak” hours are described as follows and are subject to change:
|Felipe Tennis & Recreation Center||Marguerite Tennis Pavilion|
|Monday - Thursday||3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8:00 am - 12:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
Players must check-in at the front office when they arrive for their reservation. A 15-minute grace period is allowed for late check-in before the reservation is forfeited.
In the event that it rains, court times cannot be pushed back. PLEASE be here early to squeegee your court or cancel the match. The tennis centers may shut down if inclement weather is persistent. Please call before coming to play.