Marguerite Tennis Pavilion
27474-1 Casta Del Sol
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 4
Felipe Tennis & Recreation Center
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
949-859-4FIT (4348), Option 5
For membership and guest fee information, please visit our Membership Information Page.
Special Events and Upcoming Programs
- City of Mission Viejo Wheelchair and Adaptive Tennis Clinic / Festival: Angel City Sports and the Southern California Tennis Association invites individuals of all ages with any disability to attend this free clinic led by top-level coaches on Sunday, September 8 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion. Lunch is provided. For more information visit the Angel City Sports website.
- Aceing Autism Fundraiser with Michael Chang Exhibition: Mixed doubles tournament open to all ages and skill level, followed by a doubles exhibition match featuring former French Open winner Michael Chang on Saturday, September 14 from 1:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion. For more information, email Brian Yu: 20YuB@sagehillschool.org
- City of Mission Viejo Wheelchair/Adaptive Tennis Instruction Program for Beginners: Led by former world class tennis player Anthony Lara, this grass roots beginners program for individuals of all ages with any physical difference or mobility impairment will take place on Sunday, September 22 from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion. For more information, email Dave Borelli: email@example.com
The 3rd Annual Wimbledon Tennis Social is scheduled for Sunday, July 14 at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion, 27474 Casta Del Sol. Join us for a fun morning of round robin tennis followed by a lunch and traditional strawberries and cream dessert. White attire is required and wooden rackets will be available for players as we take a trip back in time. You may register online, in-person or by phone (949) 859-4348 Ext 4. To register for the Wimbledon Tennis Social, click the link below.
USTA Junior Satellite Tournament (Level 6) - Sunday November 3
The Marguerite Tennis Pavilion is gearing up to host a Level 6 USTA Junior Satellite Tournament on Sunday, November 3. Led by Mission Viejo Tennis Coach John Sangeraphynsiri and City Coordinator Sam Cho, the tournament is designed to increase programming for junior tennis players. Level 6 tournaments are ideal for players newer to tournament-style play looking to start establishing their rankings. The single-elimination format will be scored based on a full two-out-of-three sets and is open to USTA members under 18. This level 6 event will not pair players against participants with rankings in the top 100, allowing reachable goals or the ability to advance to a level 5 event. The Marguerite Tennis Pavilion is located at 27474 Casta Del Sol. All registered players will be selected to participate.
Clinics and Programs
The Mission Viejo Tennis Centers offer a variety of clinics and programs to target each age and stage of tennis development. Please view the Marguerite and Felipe Tennis Program Schedule for our current clinic and program listings.
Junior Tennis Programs:
- Looking for year round Junior Tennis Programs? Our Pee-Wee program starts at age 4 and features a fun and educational introduction to the sport of tennis, focusing on the basics of forehand, backhand, volley, and motor skills necessary for success. Pee-Wee graduates and those 6 years and older, can enter the Junior Development Series which offers programs for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students all taught by our PTR and USTA certified Head Tennis Professional, Ryan Hill at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion.
- Already playing tennis and looking for more opportunities to play Junior USTA matches, tournaments, and try out for a high school team? Check our our Advanced junior tennis clinics at the Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center with Coach John Sangveraph.
Junior Summer Camps:
- Smash and Splash Junior Tennis Summer Camp registration is now open for beginner and intermediate students, ages 5-17. Join Head Tennis Professional Ryan Hill Monday - Thursday from 10 am - 1 pm for a fantastic summer camp! Work on your tennis game with a focus on technique and skill development. After lunch (included), campers enjoy tennis activities and games before ending the session at the pool (pool is optional*). Suitable for beginner and intermediate students ages 5-17. Click on the dates below to register.
Adult Tennis Clinics:
- Live Ball: Join Head Pro Ryan Hill in a fun, friendly, and competitive live-ball clinic for all levels of tennis players. Challenge yourself and others with exciting drills, games and point based play. Make new friends, develop new skills and strategy, and have a great time.
- Saturday's | 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. | Marguerite Tennis Pavilion.
- Adult Beginner: Focus on the correct technique to achieve a 20-ball rally. Eliminate unforced errors and master the BIG 5 - forehand, backhand, server/overhead, return, and volley with Coach Lawrence Holguin.
- Tuesday's | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center
- Adult Intermediate: Add targeting and strategy to neutralize your opponents and get them on the run with consistency, aiming and contest drills to force opponent errors with Coach Lawrence Holguin.
- Wednesday's - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center
The tennis centers offer a variety of league and intra-league opportunities for players, which can be viewed on our Program Leagues Flyer. The City offers three evening leagues seasonally, Monday Night Beginner Tennis (3.0-3.5); Tuesday Night Tennis (3.5 - 4.0) and Wednesday Night Tennis (4.0+).
MNT/TNT/WNT are 10-week round robin tennis leagues with no set partner. Each week four players will be assigned to a specific court to play three sets, changing partners after each set. Individual scores are recorded after each set. Whoever has the most games won at the end of the ten weeks wins! An award dinner will be held at end of season for all regular players. League fee includes prizes for winners, tennis balls and league banquet.
Leagues will begin the week of June 10. End-of-season awards dinner for all regular players is set for Tuesday, August 20, 2019. To register for a league, please click on the corresponding links below. Registration is currently closed for new players, but subs are needed when regular members cannot play. To register as a sub, please click on the corresponding links below.
Private tennis lessons are available to both members and non-members at an affordable rate, so whether you are just beginning to play the game or looking to advance to a higher level, we have the professionals that can help you meet your goals. Please contact the club for more details.
Proper athletic clothing must be worn at all times, including non-marking tennis shoes.
All Non-Members need to pay a $8 day use fee or purchase a punch pass to use courts.
Players must clean up the court after use (i.e. water bottles/dispensers, tennis ball cans, tennis balls, packaging, etc.)
Disruptive behavior is not permitted and players may be suspended from any activity, league, and/or program sponsored by the tennis centers.
Court reservations are made for 90 minutes. Be respectful of the players coming on after you.
Court reservations may only be made by dues-paying members. Our new expanded prime-time reservation times are 7:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 6:00 pm, and 7:30 pm at the Marguerite Tennis Pavilion. Prime-time reservation are 8:30 a.m., 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Felipe Tennis and Recreation Center.
“Back-to-back” reservations by individuals of the same reserving party will not be allowed during “prime-time” times.
Reservations may only be made one day in advance except for Mondays when a reservation for Monday can be made the previous Friday.
All “prime-time” reservations will be taken by phone first from 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Non prime-time court reservations can be any time during normal business hours.
Walk-in reservations require a member of the reserving party sign up in-person. The individual signing-up must also be a part of the group that plays at the reserved time
Challenges and "Off-Peak Hours"
Reservations for Pacific Sun League challenges may be made two days in advance for a 10:00 a.m. start time. Challenges will receive a 2 hour minimum of court reservation.
A member may make a reservation for two courts during “off-peak” hours and when no leagues/activities are playing. “Off-peak” hours are described as follows and are subject to change:
|Felipe Tennis & Recreation Center||Marguerite Tennis Pavilion|
|Monday - Thursday||3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8:00 am - 12:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
Players must check-in at the front office when they arrive for their reservation. A 15-minute grace period is allowed for late check-in before the reservation is forfeited.
In the event that it rains, court times cannot be pushed back. PLEASE be here early to squeegee your court or cancel the match. The tennis centers may shut down if inclement weather is persistent. Please call before coming to play.