Community Services Funding
The following guidelines are provided to assist with the application process for the City of Mission Viejo Community Services Funding Program.
- Who is eligible to apply?
All community not-for-profit organizations meeting the requirements and guidelines specified in the City Council's Community Services Funding Policy may apply for funds. Policy furnished upon request.
- Funding Categories
The Community Services Grant Funding program will only be accepting and considering applications for Human Services related programs and services. These programs and services include, but are not limited to: crisis intervention and/or centers; youth services and athletics; senior citizens; special and physically and developmentally disabled population; child day care; health and safety; and youth-serving agencies.
- Funding / Report cycles – Updated
The Community Services Funding cycle has changed. Applications will be available in December 2018 and due February 28, 2019. Funding will be awarded in June 2019 for the program cycle beginning July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. Two funding performance reports are required of grant recipients. For program period July 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019, report due January 31, 2020. For program period January 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020, report due July 31, 2020. All funds must be utilized by June 30, 2020.
- How do you apply?
- Applicants must submit the completed original and two copies of the application with letters of support and the following attachments, unless currently on file:
- Articles of Incorporation (new agencies only)
- Bylaws of Organization (new agencies only)
- Names/addresses of current Board of Director
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance in an amount not less than $1 million per occurrence and $2 million in the aggregate, with Mission Viejo listed as “Certificate Holder” on certificate or letter stating the ability to obtain before funding is allocate
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation coverage in an amount not less than $1 million. If agency is not subject to Workers’ Compensation laws, submission of a - - Declaration of Non-Employer Status will be required
- Board approved current operating budget
- Recent letters of support (1-2 years prior to grant submission date)
Please review the Insurance Standards
- How will programs be reviewed?
The Recreation and Community Services Commission reviews all applications at two public meetings, one in March and one in April. Applicants will be notified of these meeting dates. The Commission forwards their recommendation to the City Council for funding consideration. Final decisions as to the allocation of funds will be made by the City Council. Agencies are required to return any unexpended funds at the end of the one-year grant period. City monies shall be used only for the purpose fully authorized by the City Council and in accordance with the budget information submitted by the agency.
For technical assistance contact CSFunding@cityofmissionviejo.org or Leslie Rea-McDonald at 949-470-8412
- Please mail or deliver applications to:
Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center
Attn: Leslie Rea-McDonald, Community Services Supervisor
24932 Veterans Way
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Before proceeding, please read...
- Save all required forms to your computer before proceeding.
- Before opening the Community Services Funding Application, please make sure you are using the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. For any questions, please refer to the Help tab in Adobe Reader.
- After completing the Community Services Funding Application, please print, sign and submit the application with required copies and documents by the posted deadline.
Processing Forms (One-time ONLY)