Montanoso Recreation Center
25800 Montanoso Drive
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Sierra Recreation Center
26887 Recodo Lane
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Pool Area Rules
- Please obey lifeguard’s instructions on pool, spa and slide rules.
- A 25-yard swim tests will be conducted for all patrons wishing to swim in deep water without a parent.
- Flotation devices, toys and balls are not allowed in the pools. This includes water wings, inner tubes, rafts and flotation swim suits. Coast Guard approved vests are allowed and the parent must be in the water with the child.
- No back flips, somersaults or other trick dives are allowed when entering the pool.
- Kick boards may be used for lap swimming only. They are not allowed in the recreation swimming area.
- No glass containers on the pool deck.
- No standing or sitting on another person’s shoulders.
- The Pool and Spa area closes 15 minutes before the facility closes.
- General pool rules apply to the use of the spa.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the spa or the spa area.
- Patrons 12 to 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult while in the spa area
- Maximum spa temperature is 104° F
Water Park (Montanoso Only)
The Water Park is the place to be for some splashtacultar fun this summer. A colorful space filled with spays, misters, hoses, and splash buckets makes for an excellent water play experience for all ages!
The water park is open from 10:30 am to dusk daily during the summer. Lounge chairs are available as well as picnic tables and benches. $4 daily passes for youth, $8 for adults. FREE for members!
The Water Park has birthday party packages and rentals are available.
- Toys are not permitted in the Kid’s Water Park.
- No objects are to be thrown in the park for safety reasons and possible damage to the equipment.
- Running is not allowed in the park.
Water Slide (Sierra Only)
Fall /Winter/Spring: Closed - Open for pool parties and special events
Summer: 7 days a week 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (July 11 - August 19)
Day use: $4 daily passes for youth, $8 for adults. FREE for members!
- Participants must be 48 inches tall and have adequate swimming skills in order to use the slide.
We Wanna Swim Wednesdays
Through Wednesday, May 16, 2018, the Sierra and Montanoso Recreation and Fitness Centers are offering FREE recreational swimming. “We Wanna Swim Wednesdays” is open between noon and 3 pm to children kindergarten age and younger. Participants must check-in at the front desk and sign a waiver. Upon registration, children will receive a wristband and they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Pool Party Guidelines
For more information on our pool party and birthday packages, please view our pool party brochure.
Daily: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Reservation time includes both set-up and tear down. Two-hour minimum rental is required.
- Reservations may be booked up to one year in advance (at least two weeks notice is required).
- Lounge chairs, cabanas, and tables on the pool deck are used on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved for your party.
- Facilities are open to the public and other pre-scheduled classes and activities.
- Facilities require a 25-yard swim test for guests using the pool. Non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult swimmer.