Apply for a card
Did you know that getting a Mission Viejo Library card is free to most who live in California? Give us a call if you have any questions about the information below, at (949) 830-7100, extension 5101.
To apply online:
- Go to our Online Catalog, then click on the My Account link at the top and select the Register link to complete the online form.
- Library cards are being issued while the library is closed due to COVID-19 stay-at-home orders.
- Online applicants will be contacted via email or phone with their new library card number by the next business day.
Once the library is open:
- You should come to the library within 30 days to pick up your card at the Check Out Desk. Be sure to mention that you applied online.
- Present valid identification (current California Driver's License or ID).
A parent or guardian must be present to show identification and to sign for children under the age of 18.
Applying for a card in person is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Complete an application form and return it to the Library Circulation Desk.
- Present valid identification (current California Driver’s License or ID).
- Present proof of current mailing address if not on driver’s license (checkbook or utility bill).
A parent or guardian must be present to show identification and to sign for children under the age of 18. Parents or guardians can indicate on the library card application whether they give permission for the child to use the Internet at the library.