Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12:30 – 7:30 pm
Friday, Saturday: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Passport fees are payable to the US Department of State by check or money order ONLY. You will need to have separate checks for each passport application.
Processing fees and photo fees are payable to the Mission Viejo Library. We accept cash and debit/credit card.
The passport office is located down the walkway past the front entrance of the library.
- What you will need to bring to process your application
- Important information regarding passports for children
- Passport renewals
- Printable passport application checklist
- Printable passport information brochure
1. Application Form
- DS-11 form
- Please fill out forms BEFORE your appointment
- Black ink only
- Do NOT use white out
- Do NOT sign your application
2. Proof of Citizenship
- Acceptable Proof of Citizenship:
- Certified U.S. birth certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Current or expired U.S. passport
- Unacceptable Proof of Citizenship:
- California or Texas Birth ABSTRACTS
- Hospital issued Birth Certificates
3. Proof of Identity
- Valid driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s permit)
- Valid passport book or card
- Certificate of Naturalization with identifiable photo attached
- Certificate of Citizenship with identifiable photo attached
- Military I.D. card
- Government employee I.D. card
- Current valid foreign passport
- Identification (front & back on same side of paper or on two sheets)
- Citizenship proof
5. Passport Photos
- 1 color passport photo, 2” x 2” in size taken within the last 6 months
- Passport photo tips
- The library provides photo service for $10
- All passport applicants must apply in person regardless of age.
- Both parents must be present and show acceptable identification when applying for their child’s passport if the child is 15 years or younger.
- If one parent is unavailable, a DS-3053 Statement of Consent form from the absentee parent can be used, but must be notarized.
- A photocopy of the birth certificate must also be presented when renewing a child’s passport if the child is under the age of sixteen.
- Only one parent is required for applicant aged 16 or 17. Applicant should bring valid I.D. if possible.
Most renewals can be done by mail. If you have a passport that was issued less than 15 years ago and you were at least 16 years old when it was issued, you may be able to submit a self-service renewal.
For Adults - A Book or Card, Plus Processing Fee
|Book||$110 to Department of State (check or money order ONLY )|
|Card||$30 to Department of State (check or money order ONLY)|
|Processing Fee||$35 to Mission Viejo Library (cash or debit/credit card)|
For Children Under 16 - A Book or Card, Plus Processing Fee
|Book||$80 to Department of State (check or money order ONLY)|
|Card||$15 to Department of State (check or money order ONLY)|
|Processing Fee||$35 to Mission Viejo Library (cash, or debit/credit card)|
|Expedite fee (per passport)||$60 (check or money order ONLY)|
|Express Mail (one way)||$17.56 (check or money order ONLY)|
|File Search Fee||$150 (check or money order ONLY)|
|Passport Photos (2)||$10 (cash or debit/credit card)|
For the latest information on the time required to process your passport, please check the U.S. Department of State website.
Se Habla Español!
The Department of State has created a Spanish language instructional video to assist Spanish speakers with completing the DS-11.