Homework Help & Tutoring
Homework Center at the Library
Does your child need help with their school homework or research? Qualified volunteers offer free homework help at the Library during the school year for 2nd - 6th grade students.
The Homework Center is open for appointments on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sign up for an appointment up to one week in advance at the Youth Reference Desk. Space is limited, so appointments must be made on a weekly basis.
For more information, call (949) 830-7100, extension 5107.
Permission Form is Required. Parents - please print and sign the permission form. If a caregiver or older sibling accompanies your child to Homework Help in your absence, you must print and sign the permission form and have your child bring it with them to their first tutoring session. Permission forms are also available at the Children's Desk.
Beginning in July of 2019, the Mission Viejo Library has subscribed to a new service called Tutor.com (a service of The Princeton Review) to provide live, one-on-one tutors to assist students and adult learners. This service is free to use with your Mission Viejo Library card!
With Tutor.com students are able to:
- Ask a question or get help with a specific assignment.
- Work one-on-one with a live tutor. Live one-to-one help is available every day from 10:00am to 12:00am PST.
- Submit a paper for review.
- Screen share an assignment.
New users can create a free, optional account by clicking on “create an account” in the upper right corner of the page to take advantage of extra features:
- Tutor.com To Go™ – Get access to our mobile app for iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad
- Favorite Tutors – Had an awesome session? Favorite your tutor and connect again and again
- Tutor.com Locker - Store your assignments, class notes, projects, and more, online
- Previous Sessions - Review and share saved sessions
Note: optional accounts are not required to use the service.