Homework Help and Tutoring
Students in grades 2 through 6 can work with volunteer tutors in the Mission Viejo Library Friends Storytime Room every Tuesday during the school year, from 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm and 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm. Students are advised to bring specific assignments to work on. Registration is limited to one hour session only. For information and to register, call the Children’s Reference Desk at (949) 452-8343.
The Mission Viejo Library has subscribes to Tutor.com (a service of The Princeton Review) to provide live, one-on-one tutors to assist students and adult learners. This service is free to use with your Mission Viejo Library card!
With Tutor.com students are able to:
- Ask a question or get help with a specific assignment.
- Work one-on-one with a live tutor. Live one-to-one help is available every day from 10 am to midnight (PST).
- Submit a paper for review.
- Screen share an assignment.
New users can create a free, optional account by clicking on “create an account” in the upper right corner of the page to take advantage of extra features:
- Tutor.com To Go™ – Get access to our mobile app for iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad
- Favorite Tutors – Had an awesome session? Favorite your tutor and connect again and again
- Tutor.com Locker - Store your assignments, class notes, projects, and more, online
- Previous Sessions - Review and share saved sessions
Note: optional accounts are not required to use the service.
Student Success Guide
Our librarians have made a guide for student success with helpful links and resources for students at every level.