Teachers, please call the Youth Reference Desk at 949-830-7100, ext. 5107, during regular business hours to arrange a Friday tour of the Library for your class. Here is what you can expect for your tour:
Grades K-1 (25-35 minutes)
- Tour the Children's Department
- Hear a special storytime in the Wickiup
- Browse after the tour (groups with 10-25 students)
Grades 2-6 (25-35 minutes)
- Tour the entire library
- Learn about Internet and computer policies and procedures
- Get an in-depth introduction to the library's resources
- As arranged, get help for specific school assignments
Let us know in advance if you want the librarian to speak to, or pull books for, a specific topic.
Your tour group should be no more than 35 persons, and no fewer than 10.
To have your students check out books or use the library's filtered Internet, they must have a FREE valid Mission Viejo Library card.
To have students get a card on their tour, teachers pick up applications at the library and return the completed applications and copy of parents Driver's License to our Circulation Supervisor at least three days prior to the scheduled tour.
Has a student has lost his/her existing library card? A new card can be purchased at our Circulation Desk for $2.00.