Check out Library materials with our contactless Curbside Pickup service, available daily 1 to 5 pm.
Beginning November 1, the library will limit curbside service to disabled patrons in the handicapped parking spaces. All patrons are able retrieve their holds from the self-service shelves any time the library is open. If you need special assistance, please call the library at 949-830-7100.
How to use the service:
- Search or browse the library catalog to find items you wish to check out. Log in with your library card number and PIN to place holds on those items.
- You'll be notified via text or email when your items are ready to be picked up. Please allow 24-48 hours for requests to be filled. Requests with multiple items may take longer to fill.
- Once you receive notification that your items are ready for pickup, drive to the Library and park in one of the spots designated for Curbside Pickup between the hours of 1 pm - 5 pm, daily. Be sure to bring a cell phone and your Library card number! Please leave disabled curbside spaces for the use of disabled patrons.
- Each parking spot has a sign with instructions, including a number to text to initiate the pickup process. Follow the instructions, and a Library staff member will be right with you!
- Your checkouts will be brought to your vehicle in a bag by a gloved and masked Library staff member, and delivered to your trunk. If staff are unable to maintain 6 feet of distance while placing your items in your car, they will leave your bagged items on the curb in front of your car.
Need more information? Call the Library at 949-830-7100, ext. 5105 for assistance with placing holds or finding titles.
Not sure what to read next? Don't have time to browse? Let us personally select books for you through our Book Connect service! Fill out this brief survey to tell us about your reading preferences, and a librarian will choose 5 books based on the information you’ve provided. You will be notified when those books are available for pickup.